Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". Say what?

This error is stopping my code dead in its tracks :-(

I'm programmatically creating charts when this error occurs. If I select the graph plot, right click "Format Data Series...", the error will pop up. Click OK
and then the standard "Format Data Series" window displays like normal. Is there a way to, uh, clear out the register or whatever that keeps tabs on this
setting?

Here's where the code is breaking:
chartAvgCalls.Axes(xlCategory).Select
Selection.TickLabels.AutoScaleFont = True
With Selection.TickLabels.Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Bold" '<-- this is where the error occurs
.Size = 10
End With

Ideas?
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon025

and at his web site (use this updated link instead of the one in his
article):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cher, Madonna, Peltier.

(or did someone snip too much out of her response? hehehe)

(Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon -- in case you need extra for you next post.)

oh, oh.

Toby Erkson wrote:
[...]

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

r,r,r,r,r,r

(...for youR next post...)

Thanks for not taking me to task!)

Toby Erkson wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Location: Portland, Oregon

Dalgleish ;-)
From the http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html link you supplied,
the last one (XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets...) I got this
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q215573
and it gave me the answer. Now to incorporate it into my code.

Thank you :-)
--
Erkson

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon025

and at his web site (use this updated link instead of the one in his
article):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Location: Portland, Oregon

Modifying the Microsoft code, here's how to delete ALL charts in a workbook:

Sub Delete_All_Charts()
Dim ws As Worksheet, co As ChartObject
For Each co In ws.ChartObjects
co.Activate