Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NoiseGuy

Default Repeat alert, "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook"

I several of my larger workbooks, I get a repeat alert "No more new fonts may
be applied to this workbook" when I save, make changes or print the workbook
or selected worksheets. This happens on both my office computer running
Excel 2003 and home computer running Excel 2000. To complete the desired
action, I must click <OK for as many as five times per worksheet. It must
be caused by a setting in the workbook. Does anyone know what causes this
and how to correct it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Jon Peltier has information on this problem in his Charting FAQ article:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon025

NoiseGuy wrote:
I several of my larger workbooks, I get a repeat alert "No more new fonts may
be applied to this workbook" when I save, make changes or print the workbook
or selected worksheets. This happens on both my office computer running
Excel 2003 and home computer running Excel 2000. To complete the desired
action, I must click <OK for as many as five times per worksheet. It must
be caused by a setting in the workbook. Does anyone know what causes this
and how to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NoiseGuy

Default Repeat alert, "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbo

Thanks for the quick reply Debra - now for the next part. I think I may be
beyond the point of no return. When I select chart elements deselect
auto-scaling, I get the same alert and the change does not take effect. i.e.
when I select the same element that I just unclicked auto-scaling on, the box
is still checked.

The current workbook is only 37 worksheets with 4 charts each. I often
extend beyond 100 worksheets with 2 to 4 charts. Each sheet is an individual
analysis of a project element done in copies of a master worksheet. Now I
know to change the worksheet design to avoid this problem in the future, but
can I recover my current project, or am I doomed to waste my time hitting
<OK to get through this?

NoiseGuy wrote:
I several of my larger workbooks, I get a repeat alert "No more new fonts may
be applied to this workbook" when I save, make changes or print the workbook
or selected worksheets. This happens on both my office computer running
Excel 2003 and home computer running Excel 2000. To complete the desired
action, I must click <OK for as many as five times per worksheet. It must
be caused by a setting in the workbook. Does anyone know what causes this
and how to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As I just found it, in order for this to work, you can not be in a status of
having too many fonts. I had to delete a page of charts, fix the remainder of
the workbook, and now I must recreate the page over again.

This sucks. I hope Microsoft creates a fix for this in the next version of
Excel.