Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default simple excel formula

I would like to write a simple formula...if the value in
cell B4 is greater than the value in cell D4 then
print "1" in cell E4.

Do you have any advise as to where I can begin learning
simple excel formulas like this one? Is there a list of
common formulas available on line or in books? Thanks for
your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
put the following formula in E4
=IF(B4D4,1,"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Newbie wrote:
I would like to write a simple formula...if the value in
cell B4 is greater than the value in cell D4 then
print "1" in cell E4.

Do you have any advise as to where I can begin learning
simple excel formulas like this one? Is there a list of
common formulas available on line or in books? Thanks for
your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First, you can continue reading these newsgroups (though the
microsoft.public.worksheet.functoin group would be more appropriate than
..programming).

There are innumerable books out there on using XL. The hands-down best
I've seen on formulas is John Walkenbach's "Excel 200x Formulas":

http://j-walk.com/ss/books/index.htm

If you can find a copy of the 2000 version, you may save some money and
have all you need. The 2002 version is better if you want more financial
functions. I haven't extensively reviewd the 2003 version, but formulas
haven't really changed since XL97.