Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF formula-simple question; simple operator

If the entry in A1 is "Job", and if any of the cells B1, C1, D1 are blank, I
want to return (in cell E1) the message "MISSING INFO". I know it's simple
but I'm missing something myself.

Thanks,
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure you would call this simple, but try this formula in cell E1

=IF(AND(A1="JOB",OR(ISBLANK(B1),OR(ISBLANK(C1),ISB LANK(D1)))),"MISSING
INFO","ALL DATA THERE")

"Rich D" wrote:

If the entry in A1 is "Job", and if any of the cells B1, C1, D1 are blank, I
want to return (in cell E1) the message "MISSING INFO". I know it's simple
but I'm missing something myself.

Thanks,
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Redmond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(A7="job",COUNTBLANK(B7:D7)0),"More","")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Rich D" wrote in message
If the entry in A1 is "Job", and if any of the cells B1, C1, D1 are blank,
want to return (in cell E1) the message "MISSING INFO". I know it's
simple
but I'm missing something myself.

Thanks,
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Redmond

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in E1

=IF(A1="job",IF(COUNTA(B1:D1)<3,"Missing date",""),"This appears if Job
isn't in A1")

You don't specify what to do if A1 doesn't contain Job so this formula
displays
This appears if Job isn't in A1
You could simply leave emprt quotes and display nothing if you prefer.

Mike