Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting macros that are available in personal.xls!

Hello all!

A quick question.
I was trying to delete some macros that I had recorded and ar
available on the personal.xls.
But am getting a message that says quote "cannot edit a macro on th
hideen workbook. Unhide this workbook using the unhide command". Thi
happens only when I try to delete the macros that are available i
personal.xls. I could always delete the other macros that are availabl
in all workbooks, the ones which were recodred and were not mad
available to personal.xls. How do I get rid of this thing?
The workbook is not hided at all.

One more question. If we declare some public/global variables and us
the same in multiple macros, those macros should be made available i
personal.xls, while being recorded...is'nt it? Am I missing anythin
here?

I would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Arun...
Vtec Corp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I doubt that any macro is *automatically* stored anywhere. Especially since,
when you begin recording, you're asked where you want to store it.

As for personal XLS, just open Excel. Hit Window-Unhide, and choose
personal.xls. Now edit your macros, then re-hide personal.xls, exit Excel
and, when asked, save changes to personal.xls.
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-

"aiyer " wrote in message
Hello all!

A quick question.
I was trying to delete some macros that I had recorded and are
available on the personal.xls.
But am getting a message that says quote "cannot edit a macro on the
hideen workbook. Unhide this workbook using the unhide command". This
happens only when I try to delete the macros that are available in
personal.xls. I could always delete the other macros that are available
in all workbooks, the ones which were recodred and were not made
available to personal.xls. How do I get rid of this thing?
The workbook is not hided at all.

One more question. If we declare some public/global variables and use
the same in multiple macros, those macros should be made available in
personal.xls, while being recorded...is'nt it? Am I missing anything
here?

I would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Arun...
Vtec Corp.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to you project window: the project for Personal.xls should appear. click the expand button. go to Modules click expand, there are all your macro modules, you can delete them there. you can also delete the hold module by right clicking and choose Remove ModuleX.

My understandig is this: Only Personal.xls has a scope beyond its own project. declaring public variables in other projects does not make them available beyond their own project or in personal.xls. I would really minimize the use of "Global" varibles. there are many ways to achieve what you want without resorting to them