Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

Default Deleting macros that are available in personal.xls!

I doubt that any macro is *automatically* stored anywhere. Especially since,
when you begin recording, you're asked where you want to store it.

As for personal XLS, just open Excel. Hit Window-Unhide, and choose
personal.xls. Now edit your macros, then re-hide personal.xls, exit Excel
and, when asked, save changes to personal.xls.
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-

"aiyer " wrote in message
Hello all!

A quick question.
I was trying to delete some macros that I had recorded and are
available on the personal.xls.
But am getting a message that says quote "cannot edit a macro on the
hideen workbook. Unhide this workbook using the unhide command". This
happens only when I try to delete the macros that are available in
personal.xls. I could always delete the other macros that are available
in all workbooks, the ones which were recodred and were not made
available to personal.xls. How do I get rid of this thing?
The workbook is not hided at all.

One more question. If we declare some public/global variables and use
the same in multiple macros, those macros should be made available in
personal.xls, while being recorded...is'nt it? Am I missing anything
here?

I would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Arun...