Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with randomn blank cell in my data

I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that colum
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding colum
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to th
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The best I can give you is to select that column, hit Edit-go to-special,
blanks, hit OK.
Now type a formula as if you would for the first blank cell (suppose it's C6
and you want to grab the data from C5, just type =C5.
Hit Ctrl+Enter to put the formula in all the selected cells.

<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com

"Jayhawktc " wrote in message
I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub IfEmptyCopyLeftCell()

Range("B60000").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = "END"
[B1].Select
Do While ActiveCell.Value < "END"
If ActiveCell = ("") Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.Copy Destination:=ActiveCell.Offset
(0, 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1).Select
Else
Loop
End Sub

I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell

in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the

preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and

move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly

appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Run this Macro but save your data first to make sure it does what you want

Sub EvaluateRange()
LastCell = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Offset(-1, 0).Address
Set MyRange = Range("B1", LastCell)
For Each MyCell In MyRange
If MyCell.Value = "" Then
MyCell.Value = MyCell.Offset(0, -1).Value
End If
Next MyCell

End Sub

DavidP

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:53:19 -0500, Jayhawktc wrote:

I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about another column with the formula :-
=IF(A2="",A1,A2)

You can then copy & Edit/Pastespecial/Values and delete the origina
column