Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

Default Help with randomn blank cell in my data

The best I can give you is to select that column, hit Edit-go to-special,
blanks, hit OK.
Now type a formula as if you would for the first blank cell (suppose it's C6
and you want to grab the data from C5, just type =C5.
Hit Ctrl+Enter to put the formula in all the selected cells.

<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com

"Jayhawktc " wrote in message
I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---