Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com

"Jayhawktc " wrote in message
I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

Mike Q.[_3_]

Help with randomn blank cell in my data

Sub IfEmptyCopyLeftCell()

Range("B60000").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = "END"
[B1].Select
Do While ActiveCell.Value < "END"
If ActiveCell = ("") Then
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.Copy Destination:=ActiveCell.Offset
(0, 1)
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1).Select
Else
Loop
End Sub

I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell

in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the

preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and

move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly

appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

.

David Prout[_2_]

Help with randomn blank cell in my data

Run this Macro but save your data first to make sure it does what you want

Sub EvaluateRange()
LastCell = Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Offset(-1, 0).Address
Set MyRange = Range("B1", LastCell)
For Each MyCell In MyRange
If MyCell.Value = "" Then
MyCell.Value = MyCell.Offset(0, -1).Value
End If
Next MyCell

End Sub

DavidP

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:53:19 -0500, Jayhawktc wrote:

I am needing to evaluate a column of data and if a cell in that column
is blank I need to fill that cell with what is in the preceeding column
but if there is a value in the cell just skip over it and move to the
next cell. Any help to get me going would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

---

BrianB

Help with randomn blank cell in my data

How about another column with the formula :-
=IF(A2="",A1,A2)

You can then copy & Edit/Pastespecial/Values and delete the origina
column