Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting a protected worksheet

Hi Vince
try
activesheet.unprotect password:="yourpassword"
Range(Cells(56, 2), Cells(rw, 2)).Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B56"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
activesheet.protect password:="yourpassword"

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Vince wrote:
I am using the following code to sort, and it works fine as long as
the worksheet is not protected. When the worksheet is protected, I
get the error 1004 Sort method of range class failed. I have made
sure the cells that are being sorted are not protected, but I still
get the error after I protect the worksheet. Any help would be
appreciated.

Range(Cells(56, 2), Cells(rw, 2)).Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B56"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

Thank you,
Vince