Phyllis

Default Sorting protected worksheet

Is there any way to sort a protected worksheet? I looked
thru the posts here and found where someone said to create
a macro that unprotected the sheet, then sorted the data,
then protected it again. I tried that, but everytime I
try to create the macro I get this error "Project Locked -
Project is unviewable". Any suggestions?
Debra Dalgleish

If the workbook is shared, you won't be able to unprotect it. Perhaps
that's the problem.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Phyllis

I can unprotect it because I have the password, but it
says the project is locked, so it won't let me do a macro
that would unprotect it, sort it, and then protect it
again. What I'm trying to do is protect the formulas in
the spreadsheet so that other users can't inadvertently
delete them. But, they will need to be able to sort the
spreadsheet. It won't let me sort a protected worksheet.
Any suggestions?

Phyllis wrote:
Is there any way to sort a protected worksheet? I

looked
thru the posts here and found where someone said to

create
a macro that unprotected the sheet, then sorted the

data,
then protected it again. I tried that, but everytime I
try to create the macro I get this error "Project

Locked -
Project is unviewable". Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

.

Dave Peterson

Do you see [Shared] in excel's title bar for that workbook? If yes, then the
workbook is shared and you have to unshare it to edit any macros in that
workbook's project. (Tools|share workbook while you're in Excel.)

If the workbook is not shared, you can get that message by trying to unprotect a
project that was locked in xl2k (or higher) while you're using xl97.

If that's the case, go back to xl2k, unlock the project and then you can do
anything you want in xl97. (you can always relock it later.)

Remember that the passwords for protection of a worksheet, of the workbook and
of the project can all be different. So having the password for the worksheet
isn't enough to unprotect the VBA project.