Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkboxes and Other

I have a large list of apartments that I'm looking at, and I would lik
to have a check box associated with each apt. If you check the bo
that apt's contact information will be copied to another sheet that
could then print out and take with me that would have evaluatio
questions. If you had an apt checked, and then uncheck I woudl ike i
to be removed from the secondary list. I'm sure that this is possible
I just don't know how. I already have the second sheet set-up with th
questions I want, I just need it to be automatically populated.

Thanks-
Chri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It might be easier to simply create a list of apartments on the first sheet
(named "Apartments"), shown below:
Use the Edit|Fill Down command to enter the sequence numbers in column A.

# Apartment Address Phone
1 One Willow 1234 St. 123-4567
2 Two Chase 5678 Ave. 234-5678

Then, on the next sheet (named "Questions"), put the apartment contact info,
along with your questions in a vertical arrangement, as shown. The formulas
in column B will fetch the apartment name, address, and phone from the
"Apartment" sheet according to what value is in cell $B$1 next to "#".

# 1
Apartment =OFFSET(Apartments!$B$1,$B$1,0)
Address =OFFSET(Apartments!$C$1,$B$1,0)
Phone =OFFSET(Apartments!$D$1,$B$1,0)
Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
etc.

Add a spinner control from the Forms toolbar to the worksheet, and format
the control so that the cell link is to cell $B$1 on the "Questions" sheet
(where the "1" is now), and so that it does not print when the sheet is
printed. Turn the print gridlines on for the Questions sheet.

Use the spinner to quickly cycle through each apartment. Print out a copy of
this sheet for each apartment that you want to visit.
Bill

"cmk18 " wrote in message
I have a large list of apartments that I'm looking at, and I would like
to have a check box associated with each apt. If you check the box
that apt's contact information will be copied to another sheet that I
could then print out and take with me that would have evaluation
questions. If you had an apt checked, and then uncheck I woudl ike it
to be removed from the secondary list. I'm sure that this is possible,
I just don't know how. I already have the second sheet set-up with the
questions I want, I just need it to be automatically populated.

Thanks-
Chris

---