Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkboxes

I'm having this problem....What I want to do is this.

I am a housing inspector for a township and the paper work is outrage
so what i want to do is for each room in an apartment is list al
possible things that can be a code violation which can be from 1 ite
to 30 items, I want to list each item in each room with the violation
for example bedroom door might have vios listed as 1. drags on carpet
2. knob is loose etc i would like to have a check box nest to each ite
then if the item is checked send it to a report listing what is wrong
HELP ME PLEASE and if this cant be done i apologize for being stuipi
lo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

easier would be to make a column appear square by adjusting its width.

You could then type an X in the column next to the violation.

Then select the top of the data and do data=Filter=Autofilter and at the
top of this column select the dropdown and pick the X. All the non checked
rows will be hidden.

You can then select the data and copy it to the report sheet. Only the
visible rows will be copied.

To remove the filter repeat Data=filter=autofilter.

If you have lists like

Bedroom
Item1
Item2
Item3
Living Room
Item1
Item2
Item3
Item4

then you would need to keep X's in the rows with the room name or they would
be hidden by the filter

You could organize it

Bedroom X Item1
Bedroom Item2
Bedroom X Item3
LivingRoom Item1
LivingRoom X Item2
LivingRoom Item3
LivingRoom X Item4

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy

Thornsberry wrote in message

I'm having this problem....What I want to do is this.

I am a housing inspector for a township and the paper work is outrages
so what i want to do is for each room in an apartment is list all
possible things that can be a code violation which can be from 1 item
to 30 items, I want to list each item in each room with the violation.
for example bedroom door might have vios listed as 1. drags on carpet,
2. knob is loose etc i would like to have a check box nest to each item
then if the item is checked send it to a report listing what is wrong.
HELP ME PLEASE and if this cant be done i apologize for being stuipid
lol