Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Randy L

Default Checkboxes

I added several checkboxes to a couple of worksheets within the workbox. I
left the checkmark next to "Protected" (in the format control) and when I was
finished with the sheet, I password protected the workbook. (Not sure if this
has anything to do with it, but including it for the sake of completeness.)

Now, others are able to fill out the form and the sheet seems to work fine.
They can't select cells that I had designated and it all seems to be working;
until someone attempts to click on the checkbox. It just won't populate the
box with a checkmark. With everyone else, it "highlights" the control as if
the person has selected it.

Could someone please direct me as to how to fix this? Thank you!

We all have login id's when we log onto our computer. When I have them log
out and I log in, I am able to click on the checkboxes just fine and they
work as intended. No one else is able to achieve the same results under their
login's. (Again, not sure it's related but including it anyway.)

I have removed the
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Randy L

Still hoping to get direction on how to enable the checkboxes so that anyone
using the electronic form can use them. Thank you!

"Randy L" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Did you use linked cells with those checkboxes? Are the linked cells locked on
that protected worksheet?

If no, then what kind of checkbox did you use--from the Forms toolbar or from
the control toolbox toolbar.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Randy L

Thank you Dave!

I didn't realize I was using the Control Toolbox to place them. Once I
cleared them all out and used the Forms Toolbar, it works as intended. Thanks
again!