Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot make macro relative

Making a macro that formats "blocks" of data. The data I import ha
differernt number of rows in the blocks,colums are the same. The numbe
of blocks per sheet will range from 8 to 14.Each block has it's ow
header.

I format a space under the header of each block. I also appl
conditional formating to that block. I've tried recording in relativ
and absolute.

So now when I import another sheet of data,since the blocks ar
different sizes(row wise) they start on different numbered rows tha
the original.The formatting won't cross over without huge errors lik
creating the space between the header and the data,but in the dat
itself. It keeps acting absolute

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How do you tell where a block starts.

are all blocks separated by at least on blank row?

do blocks not contain any completely blank rows?

Tom Ogilvy

"light " wrote in message
Making a macro that formats "blocks" of data. The data I import has
differernt number of rows in the blocks,colums are the same. The number
of blocks per sheet will range from 8 to 14.Each block has it's own
header.

I format a space under the header of each block. I also apply
conditional formating to that block. I've tried recording in relative
and absolute.

So now when I import another sheet of data,since the blocks are
different sizes(row wise) they start on different numbered rows than
the original.The formatting won't cross over without huge errors like
creating the space between the header and the data,but in the data
itself. It keeps acting absolute.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes all blocks are seperated by one blank row. You can tell where a ne
block starts because it will be text(heading) and the end of
previous block contains numeric data.There are no row spaces in th
data

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just bumping this back up.In a couple of hours it went to page 3.Alot o
action here

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

huh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Huh??

"light " wrote in message
huh?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I need an answer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can one of you excel brains answer the question. Geez Louize. What doe
it take to get a reply

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The STOP Recording dialog screen also has the Relative References. If this box was closed during the recording of a macro you will
no longer have a choice. To get the toolbar back in sync with recording, start the macro recorder, use View|Toolbars and select the
"Stop Recording" toolbar. Then stop the recorder.

---
HTH, [ref. recordvba.htm ]

"light " wrote in message ...
Can one of you excel brains answer the question. Geez Louize. What does
it take to get a reply.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you had stayed with the original thread instead of doing your "bumping up"
you may have received assistance earlier.

"Huh??" in your next post didn't do much either.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:18:27 -0600, light
wrote:

Can one of you excel brains answer the question. Geez Louize. What does
it take to get a reply.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David

My problem doesn't have to do with the button that makes
macro relative next to the stop button. My problem is when I record i
relative mode it doesn't come out that way. It comes out in absolut
mode.See my original post for the specifics of my problem.

Gord

If I didn't bump it up it would have been long gone into th
archives,unanswered