Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Restoring Cell comments status

I have an application where I store a users preferences before I
remove menus and toolbars. I store these on a sheet on the wookbook.
When I close the spreadsheet and restore the user settings, I find
that comments are restored as all shown, or all not shown. When they
load a previous workbook that had some cell comments shown and some
not shown it now has all one or the other. How do you do this? Do I
not store the user preference?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barray,

As far as I know : Changing the checkbox in Tools / Options / tab View /
Comments ( None , Indicator only , Comment & Indicator) will change the
status of all the comments. You can then (per cell) change the status.
If you want to do this by VB : Range("A1").Comment.Visible = TRUE or FALSE
You can save/retrieve the status of all the comments by using the collection
of comments and loop through it.

Auk Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

om...