Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sunan

Default Lock Cell status

Is there any way in Excel to see the status of a cell whether it is Locked or
Unlocked when we move the cursor across the sheet? Can Excel prompt "Locked"
or "Unlocked" ?
Thanks,
SUNAN.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Not without using VBA.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
MsgBox "Cell Locked: " & Target.Locked
End Sub

Right click the worksheet tab, choose View Code and paste the
above code in to that code module.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"sunan" wrote in message
Is there any way in Excel to see the status of a cell whether
it is Locked or
Unlocked when we move the cursor across the sheet? Can Excel
prompt "Locked"
or "Unlocked" ?
Thanks,
SUNAN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sunan

Thanks Chip,
Does that mean Locked Cell has a value =1 ? What value is that actually?
SUNAN

"sunan" wrote in message
Is there any way in Excel to see the status of a cell whether
it is Locked or
Unlocked when we move the cursor across the sheet? Can Excel
prompt "Locked"
or "Unlocked" ?
Thanks,
SUNAN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Sunan,

The Locked property returns a Boolean value of True or False.