Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Resizing an image file

I have a BMP file on disk which I need to load, resize to a fixed size
(by maintaining the aspect ratio), and then save it under a different
name. I need to use VB.NET. I have tried several different things by
using StretchBlt but it is not working. Does anyone have any sample code
which does this?

Thanks in advance.

Giulio.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for posting in the community.

First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue.
From your description, I understand that you wants to resize an bitmap and
keep the aspect ratio.
Have I fully understood you? If there is anything I misunderstood, please
feel free to let me know.

Here is a sample, you may take a look.
Private Sub btnScale_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnScale.Click
' Get the scale factor.
Dim scale_factor As Single = Single.Parse(txtScale.Text)

' Get the source bitmap.
Dim bm_source As New Bitmap(picSource.Image)

' Make a bitmap for the result.
Dim bm_dest As New Bitmap( _
CInt(bm_source.Width * scale_factor), _
CInt(bm_source.Height * scale_factor))

' Make a Graphics object for the result Bitmap.
Dim gr_dest As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(bm_dest)

' Copy the source image into the destination bitmap.
gr_dest.DrawImage(bm_source, 0, 0, _
bm_dest.Width + 1, _
bm_dest.Height + 1)

' Display the result.
picDest.Image = bm_dest
End Sub

You may try the code and let me know the result.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for posting in the community.

Did my reply about resize an bmp in vb.net help you?
If you have any concern on this issue,please post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guys,

Thank you very much for your help. Got it working now...

Giulio.