Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Image resizing DLL

Hi,

I work alot with people who send me big images (50+MB, JPG or GIF) i
Excel, and I'd like to develop a macro to resize them to bring th
filesize down. I don't think Excel can do this directly, but I found
DLL file that someone kindly made (http://www.open.hr/%7Epavlicic/
that applies a risize transform filter to images.

Trouble is, I've no idea how to aske Excel to reference the DLL vi
VBA. Nor do I know anything more about the DLL, such as how to use i
etc.

Any ideas on how to start working on this? Any thoughts muc
appreciated.

Cheers,

Graha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to have description how to use this dll file!

I work alot with people who send me big images (50+MB,

JPG or GIF) in
Excel, and I'd like to develop a macro to resize them to

bring the
filesize down. I don't think Excel can do this directly,

but I found a
DLL file that someone kindly made (http://www.open.hr/%

7Epavlicic/)
that applies a risize transform filter to images.

Trouble is, I've no idea how to aske Excel to reference

the DLL via
VBA. Nor do I know anything more about the DLL, such as

how to use it
etc.

Any ideas on how to start working on this? Any thoughts

much
appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step

guide to creating financial statements
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can develop it for you

Gromit wrote:
*Hi,

I work alot with people who send me big images (50+MB, JPG or GIF) in
Excel, and I'd like to develop a macro to resize them to bring the
filesize down. I don't think Excel can do this directly, but I found
a DLL file that someone kindly made (http://www.open.hr/%7Epavlicic/)
that applies a risize transform filter to images.

Trouble is, I've no idea how to aske Excel to reference the DLL via
VBA. Nor do I know anything more about the DLL, such as how to use it
etc.

Any ideas on how to start working on this? Any thoughts much
appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks,

Is it a big job? I'd like to learn in the process

--
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not think so

just email me to

Gromit wrote:
*Thanks,

Is it a big job? I'd like to learn in the process

G *

---
~~ Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you suggesting I pay you for a service? I was just hoping to learn
something through the forum.

---
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/