Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Resizing cells in a selection without resizing entire sheet

How do you resize a selection of cells, not in a table or chart, without
having to resize the entire worksheet?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hilite the selection and then just use format column width and row height.

"Danielle via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

How do you resize a selection of cells, not in a table or chart, without
having to resize the entire worksheet?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Danielle,

Select just the cells you want to resize and you can either do 1)
Format = Row = Height or Column = Width or 2) Drag one of the
highlighted rows or columns to resize and the rest will follow.

Chris

Danielle via OfficeKB.com wrote:
How do you resize a selection of cells, not in a table or chart, without
having to resize the entire worksheet?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I need to resize only a certain section
cells about half way down the page, but when I try to resize the ways you've
suggested, it only allows to resize the entire column or entire row.

Chris wrote:
Danielle,

Select just the cells you want to resize and you can either do 1)
Format = Row = Height or Column = Width or 2) Drag one of the
highlighted rows or columns to resize and the rest will follow.

Chris

How do you resize a selection of cells, not in a table or chart, without
having to resize the entire worksheet?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Danielle

Row heights and column widths are properties of the row and column.

You cannot have different sizes for each range.

My fingers are shaking and my heart is racing as I type the following.........

You could use the Merge Cells option and merge several cells together
horizontally or vertically.

Merged cells can cause no end of problems with copying, pasting, filtering,
sorting and a few others I can't think of.

They do have their purpose, I guess<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP