Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Limit worksheet navigation in Excel 2000

Does anyone know how to limit the allowed navigation area to a certain
range/ranges in the worksheet in Excel 2000?

In 2002+ versions, this can be done by protecting the worksheet against
user selection, but my user base will be using 2000. Also, using the
ScrollArea doesn't seem to help me since that area must be a continuos
block, and my navigable cells are spreat out in the worksheet.

thanks in advance,

Ulf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ulf,

protecting the worksheet against
user selection

maybe you should use a combination of protected sheets, protected cells,
hidden formulas and scroll area. And there is a possibility in VBA to
restrict access only to unprotected cells, this requires sheet protection,
too:

activesheet.ENABLESELECTION = xlUnlockedCells

Otherwise you should restructure your sheets so that the user input area is
in one certain range where you could use the scroll area.

bye

arno