Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2000 - Autofilter Limit

I have a spreadsheet with over 3500 rows (not really a lot) but the
Autofilter drop down list does not show them all. It only shows approximately
2400 rows. Is there a limit to the number of rows that autofilter can be used
on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Select the entire col(s) before you apply autofilter. Any blank cells/rows
in-between data lines will "break" autofilter.
--
Max
Singapore
"NanoMark" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with over 3500 rows (not really a lot) but the
Autofilter drop down list does not show them all. It only shows approximately
2400 rows. Is there a limit to the number of rows that autofilter can be used
on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The autofilter drop-down list will show only 1000 items.

You have to work around by using "Custom" and choose from options there.

Contains..........Greater Than..........Equal to...............and more.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more workarounds to this limit.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:44:01 -0700, NanoMark
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with over 3500 rows (not really a lot) but the
Autofilter drop down list does not show them all. It only shows approximately
2400 rows. Is there a limit to the number of rows that autofilter can be used
on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback.

This has been a "can you change it" item for quite a while.

I don't know if 2007 beta has made any modifications or not.

Gord

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with over 3500 rows (not really a lot) but the
Autofilter drop down list does not show them all. It only shows approximately
2400 rows. Is there a limit to the number of rows that autofilter can be used
on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

No prob. Thanks for feedback.
Guess I mis-read. My focus was on your line:
.. It only shows approximately 2400 rows.

Gord's reading & response was spot on <g