Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ds ds is offline

Default Macro Security on XP

I have an Excel 2000 application written on a Windows 2000 machine. An user with a Windows XP machine get the following error message:

Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high and the Macros has not been digitally find or verified as safe. To run the Macros you can either have them signed or change your security level.

After the user changes his security level to low he gets the same error message. Even after closing and re-opening the file, he gets the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-ds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check the Security Level after he's set it to Low. Is it still set to low.

A Policy is probably in force.

You can sign your code so it becomes trusted.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...olut ions.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/col...n/5min-402.asp

Rob

"ds" wrote in message
I have an Excel 2000 application written on a Windows 2000 machine. An

user with a Windows XP machine get the following error message:

Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high

and the Macros has not been digitally find or verified as safe. To run the
Macros you can either have them signed or change your security level.

After the user changes his security level to low he gets the same error

message. Even after closing and re-opening the file, he gets the same
message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-ds

Macro security R Ormerod Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 July 2nd 08 06:13 PM
MACRO SECURITY peyman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 12th 07 10:55 PM
Macro security Gene New Users to Excel 4 December 22nd 05 06:33 PM
Security in macro Pam Coleman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 24th 05 10:41 PM
Why can't I set my macro security to low? Chuck Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 4th 05 09:49 PM