-   -   Macro Security on XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289536-macro-security-xp.html)

ds

Macro Security on XP

I have an Excel 2000 application written on a Windows 2000 machine. An user with a Windows XP machine get the following error message:

Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high and the Macros has not been digitally find or verified as safe. To run the Macros you can either have them signed or change your security level.

After the user changes his security level to low he gets the same error message. Even after closing and re-opening the file, he gets the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-ds

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Macro Security on XP

Check the Security Level after he's set it to Low. Is it still set to low.

A Policy is probably in force.

You can sign your code so it becomes trusted.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...olut ions.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/col...n/5min-402.asp

Rob