Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extract Informations inside a Borderframe

Dear Group,

I´v got a little Problem:
In my Worksheet, there are one ore more Rows combined with a frame

| A | B | C | D
1 +----------+-------+------+-------+
2 |Monday |Over |19:00 |Start |
3 | |Time +------+-------+
4 | | |20:00 |Break |
5 | | +------+-------+
6 | | |21:00 |End |
7 +----------+-------+------+-------+
8 |Tuesday |OFF | | |
9 +----------+-------+------+-------+
I need a possibility to extract the Information into the following
Shape:

Monday | Over Time | 19:00 | Start
Monday | Over Time | 20:00 | Break
Monday | Over Time | 21:00 | End
Tuesday | Off | |

My Idea : Find the upper Border LineStyle.. search the lower
LineStyle, and Combine each Row to a Value. Paste Value in Each Row in
this Range.
My knwoledge of VB is not so good, and I need this solution only to
extract a large Sheet automaticly.

Any Ideas ?
Thanks,
Oliver
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

In my Worksheet, there are one ore more Rows combined

with a frame

| A | B | C | D
1 +----------+-------+------+-------+
2 |Monday |Over |19:00 |Start |
3 | |Time +------+-------+
4 | | |20:00 |Break |
5 | | +------+-------+
6 | | |21:00 |End |
7 +----------+-------+------+-------+
8 |Tuesday |OFF | | |
9 +----------+-------+------+-------+
I need a possibility to extract the Information into the

following
Shape:

Monday | Over Time | 19:00 | Start
Monday | Over Time | 20:00 | Break
Monday | Over Time | 21:00 | End
Tuesday | Off | |

My Idea : Find the upper Border LineStyle.. search the

lower
LineStyle, and Combine each Row to a Value. Paste Value

in Each Row in
this Range.
My knwoledge of VB is not so good, and I need this

solution only to
extract a large Sheet automaticly.

Any Ideas ?
Thanks,
Oliver
.

You don't necessarily need VB to do this:
Create another worksheet (I will call your original
worksheet Sheet1 and the new one Sheet2). For each column
where you want to "fill in the blanks" use a formula like
this (with relative addresses) in cell A2 of Sheet2:

=IF(IsBlank('Sheet1'!A2),A1,'Sheet1'!A2)

{You are saying if the cell on the sheet you are examining
is blank, continue repeating the last value found,
otherwise copy the new value}
Copy the formula into the entire column if needed, but
then copy the first row of sheet1 into the first row of
Sheet2.