Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I extract characters from inside a cell?

I need to extract portions of cell contents (i.e. B109912345 - i need the
1099 out of this info) and prot it to the cell to the right (next column)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If it is always going to be those characters (i.e. from the 2nd to the
5th inclusive), then use this:

=MID(A1,2,4)

If you need it to be numeric, then just multiply by 1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 13, 4:54 pm, Eric wrote:
I need to extract portions of cell contents (i.e. B109912345 - i need the
1099 out of this info) and prot it to the cell to the right (next column)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MID(A1,2,4) if you want it as text or =--MID(A1,2,4) if you want it as a
number.
--
David Biddulph