Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default How can I extract characters from inside a cell?

Use Pete formula and drag all the down as far as needed.

"Eric" wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but what if i have an entire column to extract data from?
is there a way to automate this task?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If it is always going to be those characters (i.e. from the 2nd to the
5th inclusive), then use this:

=MID(A1,2,4)

If you need it to be numeric, then just multiply by 1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 13, 4:54 pm, Eric wrote:
I need to extract portions of cell contents (i.e. B109912345 - i need the
1099 out of this info) and prot it to the cell to the right (next column)