Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Importing CSV-File with formatting informations

Imaging a file containing a CPR-number (eg social security-number) in column
1 and name in column 2, like this
0101612342;Michael Jackson
0202655431;Janet Jackson
In column 1 there can be leading 0 (zeroes), which I want to keep.
When I import I want to to avoid to use the wizzard to make the column to be
text every time, I want Excel to do it automatical.

I have tried to do it like "0101612342";"Michael Jackson", but it wont work.

I would be very happy, if I can get help to this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could put a space in the number, like so:

"01016 12342";"Michael Jackson"

or you could put an underscore at the beginning of it, like this:

"_0101612342";"Michael Jackson"

(or even at the end of it).

Hope this helps.

Pete

FinnAndersen wrote:
Imaging a file containing a CPR-number (eg social security-number) in column
1 and name in column 2, like this
0101612342;Michael Jackson
0202655431;Janet Jackson
In column 1 there can be leading 0 (zeroes), which I want to keep.
When I import I want to to avoid to use the wizzard to make the column to be
text every time, I want Excel to do it automatical.

I have tried to do it like "0101612342";"Michael Jackson", but it wont work.

I would be very happy, if I can get help to this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Pete_UK

But it doesnt really solve my problem, because the file is going to be used
in bookkeeping, and the receiver of the file is meant to avoid changing it by
a macro or so.
What I have in mind is some way to tell, how Excel shall deal with every
column for example in the first row: FORMAT("W10,AL,EZ") - meaning that it
shall be with a width og 15 characters (W15), justified left (AL) and with
leading zeroes (EZ)