Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Importing CSV-File with formatting informations

You could put a space in the number, like so:

"01016 12342";"Michael Jackson"

or you could put an underscore at the beginning of it, like this:

"_0101612342";"Michael Jackson"

(or even at the end of it).

Hope this helps.

Pete

FinnAndersen wrote:
Imaging a file containing a CPR-number (eg social security-number) in column
1 and name in column 2, like this
0101612342;Michael Jackson
0202655431;Janet Jackson
In column 1 there can be leading 0 (zeroes), which I want to keep.
When I import I want to to avoid to use the wizzard to make the column to be
text every time, I want Excel to do it automatical.

I have tried to do it like "0101612342";"Michael Jackson", but it wont work.

I would be very happy, if I can get help to this.