Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extracting email addresses from Outlook Contacts

Hey, is there anyway that I can extract the actual email
addresses from Outlook2000 distribution lists or
contacts. For example, I click on new email button. It
then brings up a "select Names" dialog box from which I
can scroll through all the peoples names. If I select a
name and then click the "to" button, it inserts that name
into the To address of the email. Now the name does not
actually show the email address. In order for me to see
the email address, I ened to double click on one of the
names I added to the "To" field. THhs will bring up the
properties of that person. I then click on the "E-Mail
Address" tab and from there can see the smtp: email
address.

This is the address I would like to extract from the
actual contact name without having to go through that
entire process.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mct mct is offline

Hi,

I made a simple script which grabs e-mail addresses from the Outlook Address
Book and then displays them in a ComboBox on an UserForm.
On the form is a Timer Control as well; actual time is displayed in a
StatusBar Control and is updated every second.
To attach a file, you can search your drives with a Browse button which
calls the Windows API function GetOpenFileName().
I didn't comment anything, so if you're a beginner and if you like to 'byte'
in a tough puzzle on a rainy sunday afternoon, you can download my file and
figure it all out.
The thing was tested with Excel 2000 on an XP Pro platform and didn't cause
any trouble.
One little 'problem' - Norton Antivirus pops up a couple of times after
Don't worry, that's normal. (You can disable that in NAV by unsetting
Bloodhound detection, but that's not recommended.)
Feel free to download the 24Kb zip-file from:
http://www.geocities.com/web_detective/Mailform.zip

Good luck.

"Todd Huttenstine" schreef in bericht