Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What's new in 2003?

I just installed Excel 2003 over Excel 2002. Does there exist, and where, a
listing or discussion of what's new for Excel 2003?
Thanks for you help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Usually there is such a list in the Excel help file - I think it is usuall
called What's New

I searched in What's New in xl2000 and came up with a page with links to
details. I would expect the same in xl2003 (although I don't have it
installed to check).

Tom Ogilvy

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
I just installed Excel 2003 over Excel 2002. Does there exist, and where,

listing or discussion of what's new for Excel 2003?
Thanks for you help. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom and Otto!

Help is organised differently in Excel 2003 with large chunks of it
online.

What's new as a search leads (indirectly) to:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...4961033&CTT=98

I haven't experimented with Help when I'm offline yet but I can say
I'm impressed with the change although it does give you access to a
lot more resources.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom!

First off I got to "Introducing Microsoft Office 2003"
That led to:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...yID=Pli4VBXiQ0

Then one of the Office links led to:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...4961033&CTT=98

If you search offline, you can search the Table of Contents and this
leads more directly to "traditional" Help and you get a list of "hits"
in the offline help the second of which is a much more traditional
version of What's new.

The trouble I have at present is getting to the Table of Contents
without going offline. At present I go offline in Outlook and that
does it after an annoying message box tells me that it can't search
online.

Trouble is that if you are online, every search involves the
intermediate step of checking the Microsoft website. Much preferable
would have been offline search of a table of contents / index plus a
facility of "More?" that takes you to the website.

Don't take this as authoritative! I'm still playing around with Help.
I think a lot have given up!

General view I think is that Help is not improved! But you do get,
potentially, access to a lot more.

If this problem goes unresolved, I can see us fielding a lot more
basic questions as people will find it to much a PITA to use Help.