Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell access

Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Select the whole worksheet and unlock all cells (CellsProtection uncheck
Locked box)
select columns AA:IV and lock these cells
set worksheet protection (ToolsProtectionWorksheet)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Chandler" wrote in message
Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.ScrollArea = "$A$1:$Z$600"
End With
End Sub

If the user disables macros, then the property won't be applied. You might
want to use sheet protection to lock all the cells and unlock A1:Z600
although the user would still be able to scroll outside that range.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Chandler" wrote in message
Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A slight variation to Bob's idea using Excel XP is to select
<Tools <Protection <Protect Sheet...
and allow the user to select unlocked cells, but not allow users to select
locked cells.

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP