Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Single cell access

Hello,

I created a spreadsheet to lookup patch panel positions on a fiber optic
network for technicians. I would like the technicians to have access to a
single cell where they enter data, after they press enter I want them to
remain in the same cell (not advance down the sheet) is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John, this is what I was looking for but being that it is an Excel option the
change affects the attributes of the program as well when viewed on another
person's version it does not work unless they set the option to not move...

Can I make it so the not moving on carriage return works as a worksheet
attribute not a program setting?

"FP Novice" wrote:

Hello,

I created a spreadsheet to lookup patch panel positions on a fiber optic
network for technicians. I would like the technicians to have access to a
single cell where they enter data, after they press enter I want them to
remain in the same cell (not advance down the sheet) is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = False
End Sub

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
End Sub

Copied to the sheet module.

Of course, will depend upon user enabling macros.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP