-   -   Cell access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287059-cell-access.html)

Bob Chandler

Cell access

Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Cell access

Bob,

Select the whole worksheet and unlock all cells (CellsProtection uncheck
Locked box)
select columns AA:IV and lock these cells
set worksheet protection (ToolsProtectionWorksheet)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Chandler" wrote in message
Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC

Tom Ogilvy

Cell access

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.ScrollArea = "$A$1:$Z$600"
End With
End Sub

If the user disables macros, then the property won't be applied. You might
want to use sheet protection to lock all the cells and unlock A1:Z600
although the user would still be able to scroll outside that range.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Chandler" wrote in message
Hi...

I want to restrict my user from keying horizontally
beyound column z and vertically beyond row 600. Anyone
know how to do this... I've already removed the scroll
bars.

BC

Dana DeLouis[_3_]

Cell access

A slight variation to Bob's idea using Excel XP is to select
<Tools <Protection <Protect Sheet...
and allow the user to select unlocked cells, but not allow users to select
locked cells.

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP