Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLSTART default

Hey guys,

I need to programmatically copy a file to the XLSTART
folder. Also what is the default location of the folder
because I did a search on my computer and saw the
following paths...

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel

and

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel

and

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office

I am assuming if I want to put a file in the XLSTART
folder I would use the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
path. Im not sure though.

The file I want to put in that folder is located in
C:\ImportData.XLS

What is the code to copy the source file(ImportData.XLS)
to the destination XLSTART folder?

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Those settings are depending on Windows config.

Look at Tools-Options-...
Probably it is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\XLStart

Try to do this:
Close Excel,
Copy excel file with some data
Open Excel
If your file is open so... You know it's good path.

Using:
FileCopy srcFile destFile

.