Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sri sri is offline

Default XLStart...

Hi,

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sri sri is offline

Thanks Bob, Hasn't it got any template too where we can modify it? somewhere
in setting folders?
--

Regards

Sri

"Sri" wrote in message

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the

default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of

sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would think tools|Options|General tab|Sheets in new workbook would be the
easiest solution.

But you can create a template file named book.xlt with the number of sheets you
like (and anything else you want). Put it in your XLStart folder.

Then excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new
icon on the standard toolbar.

"Sri" wrote in message

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the

default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of

sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards