Craig

Default Change xlstart path - using policy

Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points
to a network path. I know there is an alternate startup path but that is for
XL templates. I need to point to a macro , so that the macro starts up when
opening excel.

Hope this makes sense.
Dave Peterson

I wouldn't change this setting (even if I knew how). And I wouldn't want you to
change it for me, either.

Have you thought of just telling people to install an addin:
tools|addins
and point to that network workbook

--

Dave Peterson
Craig

Hi Dave,

So there is no way of change, the reason why i want to change it is because
i administer quite a few desktops and i want to standardize them in regards
to templates and therefore i ant to be able to automate the process instead
of having to go to each machine and set it up.

At the moment we have an xls wksheet which holds the macros and this has to
copied to each users xlstart folder , thats why i wanted to know if there was
any way of pointing it to a network path instead of having to do it manually
for each user.