-   -   XLStart... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109924-xlstart.html)

sri

XLStart...

Hi,

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

Bob Phillips

XLStart...

ToolsOptionsGeneral, Sheets in New Workbook

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sri" wrote in message

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the

default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of

sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

sri

XLStart...

Thanks Bob, Hasn't it got any template too where we can modify it? somewhere
in setting folders?
--

Regards

Sri

"Sri" wrote in message

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the

default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of

sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

Dave Peterson

XLStart...

I would think tools|Options|General tab|Sheets in new workbook would be the
easiest solution.

But you can create a template file named book.xlt with the number of sheets you
like (and anything else you want). Put it in your XLStart folder.

Then excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new
icon on the standard toolbar.

"Sri" wrote in message

Excel always gives 3 sheets when we create a new workbook as per the

default
setting, But I want to modify the standard setting to alter the no of

sheets
to come!!

I know it can be done using XLStart.... something, but don't remember the
exact thing...

Any help please.
--
Regards

Sri

--

Dave Peterson

Bob Phillips

XLStart...

Why would you need to if the options setting gets you what you want?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips