Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessibility of Custom Functions

Need help on the use of custom functions - I have built some custom
functions for various tasks, but can't get other workbooks to "see"
them when I put them in my Personal.xls file. This is not true of the
macros I have in Personal.xls - they work fine in any sheet.

Am I missing some toggle switch or something that will enable these
custom functions to work from the Personal.xls file? It would seem to
me that these especially would need to be accessible from the
Personal.xls.

Thanks for any help,
jwa76

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you put them in a separate workbook and make the workbook and Addin, then
select the addin in Tools=Addins (possibly using the browse button), then
they will be available to all you workbooks.

If you retain them in personal.xls (i.e. don't change you current
configuration - don't make personal.xls an addin) then use

=Personal.xls!Myfunc(A1)

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy

"jwa76" wrote in message
Need help on the use of custom functions - I have built some custom
functions for various tasks, but can't get other workbooks to "see"
them when I put them in my Personal.xls file. This is not true of the
macros I have in Personal.xls - they work fine in any sheet.

Am I missing some toggle switch or something that will enable these
custom functions to work from the Personal.xls file? It would seem to
me that these especially would need to be accessible from the
Personal.xls.

Thanks for any help,
jwa76

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To use a function from a different workbook, you need to
put the name of the workbook in front of the function
name. For example, if the function in Personal.xls is
called Fred, then to use it on a worksheet, use
=Personal.xls!Fred(X,Y)

HLH
Helen

.