Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calendar Control 9.0

Good morning.

I used the Calendar Control 9.0 (which I believe came with
Access 2000) in an Excel user form. I want to distribute
this form within my department, but the one person I tried
tested it with, it didn't work, because they didn't have
the control available on her computer.

Now I can manually install the module on her computer, but
I want to give this program to 50 different people, and
would rather not have to manually install the control on
everyone's computer.

Is there a way to do it on demand? Perhaps test for the
module on their computer, and if it's not found, then
perhaps grab it from a network drive?

Thank you for your help.

-Brad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will either have to get your IT people to do it or
write a script to do this for you.
The script is simple a text file ending in .VBS instead
of text , wnd the text in the file will be almost
identical to VB
COPY x Y
where x will be the full path and name of the control and
Y is the full name and path fo the destination.
We do this remotely, since our network allows us to
connect to an networked pc, so long as we know the pac'c
name.
so a network pc may be netwk12
the C drive, from MY pc is \\netwk12\c$
from there I can navigate wherever.

so with a list of pc names on my sheet, a simple loop
allows me to do exactly what you need:

for rw= 1 to 50
targetPC = cells(rw,1)
copy Source,targetpc & subPathandName & CopyFileName
next

HTH

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

I used the Calendar Control 9.0 (which I believe came

with
Access 2000) in an Excel user form. I want to

distribute
this form within my department, but the one person I

tried
tested it with, it didn't work, because they didn't have
the control available on her computer.

Now I can manually install the module on her computer,

but
I want to give this program to 50 different people, and
would rather not have to manually install the control on
everyone's computer.

Is there a way to do it on demand? Perhaps test for the
module on their computer, and if it's not found, then
perhaps grab it from a network drive?

Thank you for your help.

-Brad
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have VB 6.0 or the Developer Version of Office, you should have the
package and deployment wizard. You could "package" your app and distribute
the file with your app.

Note that the ocx must be registered as well as being placed on the machine.
This is done manually user RegSvr32.EXE , but the package and deployment
wizard can perform this function.

Other than that, you would have to program similar functionality.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brad" wrote in message
Good morning.

I used the Calendar Control 9.0 (which I believe came with
Access 2000) in an Excel user form. I want to distribute
this form within my department, but the one person I tried
tested it with, it didn't work, because they didn't have
the control available on her computer.

Now I can manually install the module on her computer, but
I want to give this program to 50 different people, and
would rather not have to manually install the control on
everyone's computer.

Is there a way to do it on demand? Perhaps test for the
module on their computer, and if it's not found, then
perhaps grab it from a network drive?

Thank you for your help.

-Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From digging around looking for the package and/or
deployment wizard, it's evident that I don't have a
developer version.

Thank you both for the help.

-Brad