Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dates on forms

I am using excel to fill in and print delivery receipts for merchandise.
On one of the forms instead on one block for the date, there are three
seperate
ones for "Month", "Day", and "Year"
I am using the WORKDAY function as the merchandise usually is delivered the
day
after the form is printed.
Is there a way I can get Excel to display ONLY the Month, Day, and Year each
in it's own cell??
Changing the form is not an option as they are specified, and provided by
the vendor through whom the merchandise
is being billed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roy,

If the same full date is in each one, just format the cells custom.
e.g.
Format = "d" (single or double digit day number displayed)
Format = "dd" (double digit day number displayed (with leading zero))
Format = "ddd" (abbreviated day displayed (Wed, Thu, etc.))
Format = "dddd" (full day displayed ("Wednesday, Thursday, etc.))

The same works for the month also.
Year is "yy" or "yyyy"

John

"Roy Schultz" wrote in message
I am using excel to fill in and print delivery receipts for merchandise.
On one of the forms instead on one block for the date, there are three
seperate
ones for "Month", "Day", and "Year"
I am using the WORKDAY function as the merchandise usually is delivered

the
day
after the form is printed.
Is there a way I can get Excel to display ONLY the Month, Day, and Year

each
in it's own cell??
Changing the form is not an option as they are specified, and provided by
the vendor through whom the merchandise
is being billed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't understand why you have a problem. The simple answer is to
put,in individual cells :-
=DAY(A1)
=MONTH(A1)
=YEAR(A1)
or some other date value instead of A1.

Regards
BrianB
===========================

"Roy Schultz" wrote in message ...
I am using excel to fill in and print delivery receipts for merchandise.
On one of the forms instead on one block for the date, there are three
seperate
ones for "Month", "Day", and "Year"
I am using the WORKDAY function as the merchandise usually is delivered the
day
after the form is printed.
Is there a way I can get Excel to display ONLY the Month, Day, and Year each
in it's own cell??
Changing the form is not an option as they are specified, and provided by
the vendor through whom the merchandise
is being billed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Forms Karen D Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 22nd 10 08:50 PM
Dates in forms Leanne M (Aussie) Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 April 30th 08 09:31 AM
Forms Mike Excel Worksheet Functions 0 July 5th 05 11:40 PM
forms Steve Ketchum Excel Programming 0 October 8th 03 05:28 PM
VB Forms Danny Sowden Excel Programming 2 August 19th 03 02:39 PM