Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates in forms

Hi,

I have downloaded J-Walk Enhanced Data form but as yet have not purchased
the VBA code.

Before I do I want to ensure I can change it the way I need to. I have
emailed John and he says he can not resolve the problem but I find it hard to
belive.

The issue I have is that I am in the UK and our date format differs
from the US.

I have entered 01/03/08 = dd/mm/yyyy and the entry is appearing on the
form as 03/01/08 mm/dd/yyyy but this will be viewed by my users as 3rd Jan
08 not 1st March 08.

Dates appear on my form in 5 different fields but only one of them is
changable so using a calendar tool will not resolve this.

How/where is the code that tells the form how to display dates? I want to
ensure that I can make the changes before paying the money - I know it is not
much but as I am not getting paid for my time to develop this file I do not
want to outlay if it will not work.

Please help - any ideas would be great (though I have a feeling you are all
going to tell me that I am going to have to purchase the code before you can
help)

--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Leanne,

I won't ask you, but I hope that you are enjoying it. All Aussies return to
the motherland at least once <g.

Does John provide the code with free access to change. It should be quite
simple, probably just a need to cast the date, but only if the code is open.

--
HTH

Bob

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I am indeed!

The VBA code is currently locked for editing but I can purchase the password
to unlock it which will then allow me to edit it freely as I understand it.

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Given this information I think I will purchase the code - can you keep any
eye on this post and I will come back when I have it - I do not know how to
'probably just a need to cast the date'.

Would you mind talking me through it?

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You find it hard to believe that John would tell you that or hard to believe it
cannot be done?

I would take him at his word.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 03:55:01 -0700, Leanne M (Aussie)
wrote:

Before I do I want to ensure I can change it the way I need to. I have
emailed John and he says he can not resolve the problem but I find it hard to
belive.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may be that John is just unfamiliar with internalisation issues (he is
American after all).

Leanne, Gord's point is good. I think you should just get John to confirm
that it is just that he doesn't know how to do it, not that he thinks it is
not doable, wouldn't want you wasting your money.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote:

Before I do I want to ensure I can change it the way I need to. I have
emailed John and he says he can not resolve the problem but I find it hard
belive.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I find it hard to belive that it can not be done.

I do not know anything about John so would not pass judgement on anything he
said. His response was short so I feel that he did what he could given the
fact that I have not yet purchased the code from him so he looked at what
could be done without the code.
--

wrote:

Before I do I want to ensure I can change it the way I need to. I have
emailed John and he says he can not resolve the problem but I find it hard to
belive.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Leanne,

I do know John and he is a really nice guy, an American with a healthy dose
of scepticism and irony <bg.

As you may know, John is probably the most prolific, most respected Excel
author in the world, as he also has his consulting, products and his outside
interests. As such, he is a busy man, and as I said, he may just not be
aware of internationalisation issues. We non-Americans find it hard
sometimes to believe how insular Americans are, but it is a huge country, a
huge market, and they can survive without being aware of the rest of the
world and its problems in many such instances. This may not be the case, but
just some conjecture on my part, because like you I find it hard to believe
it cannot be done, especially as I have dealt with similar problems many
times in VBA being UK based.

I am sure that if you tell him that you are thinking of buying, but would
like to know whether he knows it cannot or be done, or is just unaware at
this time how to do it, he would be happy to tell you.

--
HTH

Bob

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Before I do I want to ensure I can change it the way I need to. I have
emailed John and he says he can not resolve the problem but I find it
hard to
belive.

forms Mindy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 28th 08 08:52 PM
DA Forms Ellobo55 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 10th 08 11:33 PM
Forms Mike Excel Worksheet Functions 0 July 5th 05 11:40 PM
Pop Up Forms TBD Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 January 27th 05 04:27 PM
VBA forms - HELP!!! One-Leg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 December 15th 04 08:15 PM