Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How To: Command Bar Face ID property

Hi, TIA,
Is there a way to identify if the face ID of a commandbar
control button is grey picture. I'll elaberate more if
need be. If you add a new button and set the face ID to
2020 (Fill Series on the AutoFill popup menu). The picture
shown is just grey, this is what I want to find out
because I have written code to show me all the pictures
available on all the menu bars available in Excel. I add
buttons on the fly to only show the amount of buttons
available on the select menu bar or sub menu bar. The
problem is that I there are several menu bars where their
buttons have face IDs but show only a grey picture which
makes it look like there is no picture. I've looked at the
Style property of a command bar msoButtonCaption but this
does not resolve the problem. If you need me to send you
the xls file just but a dot/period between my name and but
@db.com

regards
KM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this mean the button is not enabled because it is not appropriate in
the current context. It is hard to tell what you are seeing from your
description, but look at the enabled property of the button.

for example:

? commandbars("Edit").Controls(1).Caption
Can't &Undo
? Commandbars("Edit").Controls("Can't &Undo").Enabled
False

Tom Ogilvy

"Kevin McCartney" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The buttons are enabled its just that their associated
picture is grey. I was hoping that I could review the
GetClipboardData to see if this had a consitant value.
Hence if I can fin out the bitmap value then I can check
for this value and decide whether or not to add the
control.

Thanks

.