Chris Leah

Default change the face color of an Excel command button

How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003
(View-Toolbars-Forms)?
Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change the
button color.

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: change the face color of an Excel command button

Sure, changing the face color of a command button in Excel 2003 is possible. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. First, make sure that the "Forms" toolbar is visible. If it's not, go to "View" "Toolbars" "Forms" to enable it.
  2. Insert a command button onto your worksheet by clicking on the "Command Button" icon in the "Forms" toolbar.
  3. Right-click on the button and select "Format Control" from the context menu.
  4. In the "Format Control" dialog box, go to the "Colors" tab.
  5. Under "Fill", select the color that you want to use for the button face.
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

That's it! Your command button should now have a new face color. If you want to change it again, simply repeat the steps above.

Note that this method only changes the face color of the button. If you want to change other properties of the button, such as the font color or size, you'll need to use
Formula:
VBA code
. Let me know if you need help with that.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Chip Pearson

You need to use the CommandButton object from the Controls
toolbar, not the Forms toolbar.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Chris Leah" <Chris wrote in
message
How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel
2003
(View-Toolbars-Forms)?
Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA
to change the
button color.

Chris Leah

"Chris Leah" wrote:

How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003
(View-Toolbars-Forms)?
Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change the
button color.

Many thanks, Chip, but now it's difficult to simply attach a recorded macro?
Cheers
Chris Leah
Earl Kiosterud

Chris,

Double-click the command button while in Design Mode. It'll take you to the
module for that button. Put your code in the CommandButton1_Click() sub.

Somehow your answer to Chip's post got posted as a reply to your original
post, not his reply.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"Chris Leah" wrote in message

"Chris Leah" wrote:

How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003
(View-Toolbars-Forms)?
Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change
the
button color.

Many thanks, Chip, but now it's difficult to simply attach a recorded
macro?
Cheers
Chris Leah

Chris Leah

"Chris Leah" wrote in message

"Chris Leah" wrote:

How can I change the face color of a command button in Excel 2003
(View-Toolbars-Forms)?
Changing font color is easy, but I don't know enough about VBA to change
the
button color.

Many thanks - problem solved

Chris Leah