Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Time to output in seconds,00

Hi,

I thought to get an output of seconds,00 to a cell was a easy calculation in
Excel - it is not!

I hace to kind of input:
1,12,12/12,12,12 this is a time and minutes can vary from 1 to 20 minutes
thats why two kind of input.
The last input in a cell is just second and two decimals.

This cell I want to make another calculation to another cell. In this new cell
I want the input of cell 1 to be in just second+22 decimals.

12 minutes 12 seconds 12 hundreds =Input 12,12,12 or 7,54,54
The input cell is set to text the same with cell 2

Using this string:
=if(len(a1)=5,a1,left(a1,2)*60+mid(a1,4,2)&","&rig ht(a1,2))
makes no output to cell two for the time entered as: 12,12,12 but it does
calculate the time: 40,00

I have tried several different way to calculate this without any luck. Any
idea?

I do have a hunch that using MID my Norwegian Office does not recognize this
and then what to do? The output mistake is #NAME?

Could someone E-mail me directly?

Steinar.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hei Steinar

MID in norwegian is DELTEKST.

This task would probably be easy in Excel if you used Excel's language and standards when
entering. For beautiful countries with comma as decimal separator, time is entered like
this:
hh:mm:ss,00
so
0:7:54,54
makse sense as time. 7,54,54 is just lyrics and you have to do all the math yourself
afterwards.

No email, sorry. We should keep this publice because everyone probably wonders what MID is
in norwegian.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:36:39 +0100, "Harald Staff"
wrote:

Hi,

Yes, that was the clue. I had read about it but didn't understood all
correctly.

I know about entering time the way you describe it. But to do the entering of
time it is easier to use komma instead of the semicolon.

I did so just to do some more math after I had settled this problem Harald.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Steinar.

Hei Steinar

MID in norwegian is DELTEKST.

This task would probably be easy in Excel if you used Excel's language and standards when
entering. For beautiful countries with comma as decimal separator, time is entered like
this:
hh:mm:ss,00
so
0:7:54,54
makse sense as time. 7,54,54 is just lyrics and you have to do all the math yourself
afterwards.

No email, sorry. We should keep this publice because everyone probably wonders what MID is
in norwegian.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Agreed, time entry without dedicated hardware or software assistance is a real pain.

This sounds like some "sports sheet" where data entry speed and accuracy would be
essential, so your solution is probably the best no-macro way to do it.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Steinar Vissebråten" wrote in message

I know about entering time the way you describe it. But to do the entering of
time it is easier to use komma instead of the semicolon.

I did so just to do some more math after I had settled this problem Harald.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:46:08 +0100, "Harald Staff"
wrote:
I have this working now but I have more problems!!

Kan jeg sende deg et spørsål direkte om noe annet. Adresse?

Steinar.

Agreed, time entry without dedicated hardware or software assistance is a real pain.

This sounds like some "sports sheet" where data entry speed and accuracy would be
essential, so your solution is probably the best no-macro way to do it.

Steinar Vissebråten
http://home.online.no/~steinv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Steinar Vissebråten" skrev i melding
wrote:
I have this working now but I have more problems!!
Kan jeg sende deg et spørsål direkte om noe annet. Adresse?

No email support, sorry, for a mixed set of reasons. But post to the groups
no.it.programvare.ms-office
or
dk.edb.regneark
if you prefer posting/replies in scandinavian..