Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steinar Vissebråten Steinar Vissebråten is offline

Default Time to output in seconds,00

Hi,

I thought to get an output of seconds,00 to a cell was a easy calculation in
Excel - it is not!

I hace to kind of input:
1,12,12/12,12,12 this is a time and minutes can vary from 1 to 20 minutes
thats why two kind of input.
The last input in a cell is just second and two decimals.

This cell I want to make another calculation to another cell. In this new cell
I want the input of cell 1 to be in just second+22 decimals.

12 minutes 12 seconds 12 hundreds =Input 12,12,12 or 7,54,54
The input cell is set to text the same with cell 2

Using this string:
=if(len(a1)=5,a1,left(a1,2)*60+mid(a1,4,2)&","&rig ht(a1,2))
makes no output to cell two for the time entered as: 12,12,12 but it does
calculate the time: 40,00

I have tried several different way to calculate this without any luck. Any
idea?

I do have a hunch that using MID my Norwegian Office does not recognize this
and then what to do? The output mistake is #NAME?

Could someone E-mail me directly?

Steinar.