Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Probably not possible, but... (XL - PP, and gray border on pictures with VBA)

Using Office 97

I have used VBA to copy ranges from Excel (as pictures) and paste them into
powerpoint.

I don't want to paste the "object" because the source Excel file is huge,
and I am pasting many ranges into different powerpoint slides.

I understand that PP97 did not have a VBA "paste special" so my only option
is to "copy as picture" from XL

Unfortunately, the picture comes into PP with a light gray border on the
top and left sides. This is true even when selecting a range from the
middle of a sheet. All background cells are set to fillcolor white to hide
the gridlines, because I don't want them cluttering up the powerpoint
slide.

I realize that I'm using "old" technology compared to most of you, but does
anyone remember having this problem, and if so, is there any workaround
other than going back into ever single powerpoint slide and overlaying the
edges with white rectangle autoshapes so the gray border is hidden?

Many thanks,
Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith -

Instead of filling the cells white, keep them clear. In Excel, go to
Tools menu, Options, View tab, and uncheck the Gridlines box. Now use
Copy Picture and Paste, and the gray border won't show up.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______