Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change default police size on a workbook

Hello,

I have defined the default police size to 8 in my Excel
2002. Then I have created a workbook. Columns and rows
headers of all sheets are fitted to 8.

Now I have define the default police size to 10. When I
open the previous created workbook, the police used to
display columns and rows headers are still fitted to 8.
Moreover, a 50 column width on the workbook created with
size 8 is smaller than a 50 column width on a workbook
using a default police fitted to 10.

How can I change the default police of my workbook in
order to have right columns widths.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Romuald,
The default font size applies to new workbooks opended after you have
changed the default not to existing sheets that you have already saved.

In a macro you could run this code

Sub SetDefault()
With Cells
.Font.Size = 8
.Columns .AutoFit
End With
End sub

Which will change all cells to 8 point and set columns to the maximum width
of data in each column. If you have several sheets in a workbook then you
need to cycle through all worksheets and apply the same procedure.

Cheers
Nigel

"Romuald" wrote in message
Hello,

I have defined the default police size to 8 in my Excel
2002. Then I have created a workbook. Columns and rows
headers of all sheets are fitted to 8.

Now I have define the default police size to 10. When I
open the previous created workbook, the police used to
display columns and rows headers are still fitted to 8.
Moreover, a 50 column width on the workbook created with
size 8 is smaller than a 50 column width on a workbook
using a default police fitted to 10.

How can I change the default police of my workbook in
order to have right columns widths.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default font size is well defined for all celles but the
font used to display header columns and header lines of a
blank sheet are still in font size 8.

"Romuald" wrote in message
Hello,

I have defined the default police size to 8 in my Excel
2002. Then I have created a workbook. Columns and rows
headers of all sheets are fitted to 8.

Now I have define the default police size to 10. When I
open the previous created workbook, the police used to
display columns and rows headers are still fitted to 8.
Moreover, a 50 column width on the workbook created with
size 8 is smaller than a 50 column width on a workbook
using a default police fitted to 10.

How can I change the default police of my workbook in
order to have right columns widths.

thanks!

Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the

World! 100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total

Privacy via Encryption =---
.