Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change default paper size in Excel

The Help is not very helpful when it comes to changing the default paper
size. My work computer is set to letter size which I will never use, I need
A4. I don't have this problem at home. But I don't know how to change it.
The hidden Personal.xls is set to A4, but all new workbooks are not.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That could be a function of your printer setup.

Try StartSettingsPrinters and Faxes.

Select your printer, right-clickpropertiesadvancedprinting defaults

Set your printer defaults for paper size.

Note: this is a global setting so all print jobs will be set to A4

If you don't want that, create a template for all new workbooks with that
setting.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP