Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add-ins configuration and startup

Hi,

I I'm actually working on existing Add-ins, and I have some problems t
locate configuration parameters of the add-ins itself:

- Where is the configuration parameter for the name and the descriptio
that appear in excel add-ins manager ?

- For one of the add-ins, it is possible to launch a function insid
the add-ins from excel using CTRL+SHIFT+L. This feature is enabled a
soon as the add-ins has been selected in the add-ins manager (n
configuration required in excel !!!). I searched everywhere th
configuration settings for that feature, without any result !!!

- For one other add-ins (registered with the add-ins manager of exce
also), one of the functions inside the add-ins is executed when exce
is launched, even if I never setup anything for it.
I 'm actually looking more information about exact behaviour of add-in
when excel is launched.

Thanks,

Vinc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vince,

The Title and Comment properties of the workbook appear in the add-ins
manager. You need to change the IsAddin property of your Add-in to False,
then go into Excel and use File | Properties to change those.

As to the others, not sure what you mean by "Functions".

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ranafout" wrote in message

I I'm actually working on existing Add-ins, and I have some problems to
locate configuration parameters of the add-ins itself:

- Where is the configuration parameter for the name and the description
that appear in excel add-ins manager ?

- For one of the add-ins, it is possible to launch a function inside
the add-ins from excel using CTRL+SHIFT+L. This feature is enabled as
soon as the add-ins has been selected in the add-ins manager (no
configuration required in excel !!!). I searched everywhere the
configuration settings for that feature, without any result !!!

- For one other add-ins (registered with the add-ins manager of excel
also), one of the functions inside the add-ins is executed when excel
is launched, even if I never setup anything for it.
I 'm actually looking more information about exact behaviour of add-ins
when excel is launched.

Thanks,

Vince

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply, it's ok to change the add-ins settings.

One problem is remaining : CTRL+SHIFT+L

I have to make some evolutions on a add-ins that already exist. Thi
add-in is a special tool removing the initial excel menu an
customising it to give special functionalities.

This add-ins is registered with the add-ins manager.

When you start excel, nothing happen.

To start the tool, you just have to press CTRL+SHIFT+L, then som
inititialisation modules functions (of sub) of the add-ins ar
executed, and the menu of execel is removed, then you can use th
tool...

I searched all the project where it is defined that CTRL+SHIFT+L lea
to execution to that particular init function, without result.
This behaviour remains a mystery, but I'd like to know how to do it fo
one other add-ins.

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vince,

You assign Ctrl key combinations to macros through Tools | Macro |
Macros.... then navigate to your macro and choose Options. Your
Ctrl-Shift-L is the result of entering a capital L into Shortcut key's
"Ctrl +" Box.

If you want that macro to run automatically, then you should simply
add a call to it in the workbook's open event.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ranafout" wrote in message

Thanks for your reply, it's ok to change the add-ins settings.

One problem is remaining : CTRL+SHIFT+L

I have to make some evolutions on a add-ins that already exist. This
add-in is a special tool removing the initial excel menu and
customising it to give special functionalities.

This add-ins is registered with the add-ins manager.

When you start excel, nothing happen.

To start the tool, you just have to press CTRL+SHIFT+L, then some
inititialisation modules functions (of sub) of the add-ins are
executed, and the menu of execel is removed, then you can use the
tool...

I searched all the project where it is defined that CTRL+SHIFT+L

lead
to execution to that particular init function, without result.
This behaviour remains a mystery, but I'd like to know how to do it

for
one other add-ins.

Thanks

~~View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"ranafout" wrote
One problem is remaining : CTRL+SHIFT+L

When you (or the add-in's xlAutoOpen procedure) calls REGISTER for a macro
you can pass a shortcut (eg. 'L' for CTRL+SHIFT+L) as well.

Jens.

--
http://ManagedXLL.net/ | http://jens-thiel.de/ | http://QuantLib.net/
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!